4.21.2006

Carnival! Part 1 (pics)

It has begun.

Even yesterday, I was already antsy - Josh and Mark had flown in from California and New York respectively, and we had begun our big cleanup of the apartment. Josh, E and I had dinner at Green Forest, a Brazilian BBQ place in Penn Hills. So good! I miss raw oysters, and boy do I miss hunks of cow grilled to perfection. Mmm mm. Today at work I was counting down the minutes till I could let my hair down and regress to my college days again.

First on the itinerary was the CS50 gala reception at the National Robotics Engineering Consortium. It was out in the ghettos of Lawrenceville, I was starting to feel overdressed... but they did the place up really nicely. Alumni, students and friends of the #1 ranking school for robotics/computer science rubbed shoulders among butler-passed hors d'oeuvres, chocolate fountain stations, and displays of 'celebrity' robots/autonomous machines created by students. There even was a 15-piece jazz band - it was Roger Humphries' group! How cool. After our fill of coconut shrimp, sushi and chocolate-dipped strawberries, we shimmied back to our neck of the woods and prepared to meet up with everyone at our favorite watering hole, PHI.

And *everyone* was there... I got so caught up talking I didn't even get my Midori sour! It was wild, man, wild.


With Angel and Angie


Hubby and Mags. She drinks jet fuel for breakfast.



J and J sandwich; Mag thinks it looks like fun and joins in


I love how even though everyone has moved on (busy jobs, spiffy cars, mortgage... being adult? what's that?), we can still come back to the place where we met and made so many memories, and create more memories just like old times. No distance is too great for friends. (Figuratively and literally - Fabric convinced his company to fly him back from Beijing! Impressive.)

This weekend is going to be so awesome. I just know it. I can't wait till tomorrow...

No comments: