11.22.2005

Good, bad, yummy

Good: Finally, my Drebel came today. Got a crappy 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III (no IS) along with it (not by choice), but it was cheap and I need telephoto. Andrew also threw in his Photoshop Album 2.0 and an extra battery. Haven't ordered my 50 f1.8, will probably get my wide-normal next week. Andrew dropped off the goods with E at work; while carrying it home, some random guy inquired about it at the bus stop. Everybody loves dSLR.

Bad: E's uncle passed away suddenly over the weekend of a heart attack. E's family is coping. Just came back from the viewing; the funeral is tomorrow. It was cold and dark by the time we arrived at the funeral home. There were a fair number of people, clumped in groups, chatting away with light classical music in the background. The mood was oddly cheery, it was very unsettling and surreal. Kids were playing hide-and-seek; some of the grownups had red eyes. The 93 yr old mother, who was still "sharp as a tack", sat by the casket, greeting friends and family. I didn't know him, but when the mother leaned forward to kiss her pale lifeless son one last time, I couldn't hold it in. It was incredibly depressing.

Yummy: Making plans for Turkey Day. This shall be my contribution.

Driving 2+ hrs with the cat tomorrow could be interesting.

No comments: