3.19.2008

Randomness

Hubs was tinkering away on his laptop while we were watching Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. He was thoughtful for a moment and said, if he had a blog, he would've written about how surreal (ed: and ironic) it is that the show was about stunting the development of AI and stopping robots from taking over the world, while he was doing... quite the opposite to that end. And since he does not have a blog, I'm obligated to document the moment. Note this, honey.

-------------------------------------------------

I have a new knitting project. Poking around my favorite knitting store, I was introduced to a gorgeous vivid blue-green mohair blend. Helloooo. It was love at first sight. Bought 3 skeins and turning them into a lacy shawl for the summer. Pics soon!

-------------------------------------------------

It's oddly reassuring to know that in a world of uncertainty, one thing I can always count on is the incubation of foreign elements in our refrigerator. We are so bad about keeping the fridge clean; gutting it of old leftovers and accumulated junk has become a ritual for us. It's a sensory experience - the colors, the speckling of white fuzzies and green stripes... and then the smell hits you (woof). Bags and boxes of unidentified goo are chucked into the trash.

We cleaned out the fridge last night. I can hear it humming happily, finally able to breathe easy again.

-------------------------------------------------

Going to Johnstown for Easter this weekend. I'll be making my Italian mother-in-law an Italian classic for the holiday: Easter pie. Apparently there are two versions, savory and sweet. Both involve something like 2 lbs of ricotta cheese; the question is whether pepperoni goes better than candied fruit. (I honestly wonder how this is going to turn out.)

Hubs is always funny about going home... I guess it's different. After 7 years of knowing each other, we still discover new and surprising things about each other's childhoods. For that matter, I am still discovering new and surprising things about my own childhood. The view is different from 20+ years later. Time is tricksy.

-------------------------------------------------

We walked past a candy store last weekend and just for kicks, I wanted to go inside. Looking at the buckets of gummies, I couldn't resist getting a little bag of each kind - worms, cola, regular bears. (Gummy bears, by the way, always make me think of those stop-motion videos on YouTube, like this one. And watching those videos always makes me want to eat gummies.)

Well... I don't eat candy. I only got them because I felt like it. Why do I do that? Now the bag's just sitting on the coffee table, adding to the clutter, picked at occasionally by Sweet Tooth Hubs. I'm terrible.

Okay, I guess I should go to bed so I won't be cranky tomorrow...

No comments: