3.18.2006

Everyone wants to be Irish


Happy St. Patty's!

In the spirit of the holiday, I wore a little shamrock around today. Missed out on green beer though, which is a total shame. Unlike many others, I didn't get my drink on at 10am.

While everybody was out at pubs pretending to be Irish, Lauren and Obi came over for Indonesian fare and great conversation. They brought a New Zealand aperitif to go with dinner (goes quite well with Asian) and a little mouse toy to bribe kitty with. Among the night's topics were Dilbert land (work and the brilliant minds at work), $100,000 football pools, the new monogamy and loaded hypothetical questions, Tahiti and Nicaragua, recovering Catholics, Amish kids in reality TV shows, orange cola, mother-in-laws, learning Chinese with kid's textbooks (complete with big colorful pictures and giant fonts), neat gadgets, and hicks. They were a hoot.

I missed watching 'House' tonight, but I'll live.

No comments: