3.19.2006

Skin deep

From Glenn: My Heritage face recognition software. Neat stuff, it got me scrounging around for photos of myself. I'm willing to bet that most people don't really care about their genealogy, but instead make a beeline for the celeb lookalike demo, like I did. :) In my results, there were some disturbing matches like with Madonna and Zhang Ziyi (I hate her!); other matches were Katie Leung (who?), Rachel Bilson (huh?), Halle Berry, and Keira Knightley. The most consistent high-scoring celebrity match was Kristin Kreuk - must be the Indonesian Chinese connection. :)


I look like a plain Jane next to her! I'm obviously nothing like them or I'd be in Hollywood making the big bucks, eh?

Tomorrow E has a hot date with not one, but two coeds. It used to be just this one chick, until she said her friend wanted to tag along on their afternoon rendezvous as well. Meanwhile, I'll be lunching with one of the IT guys at work this week, again. Purely platonic on all sides all around, but it carries undertones of this article (mentioned previously). It's something we've been discussing rigorously of late, and while we've temporarily ruled it out as a Bad Idea, it would keep us on our toes and reintroduce the thrill of the chase... whatever that means.

Anyway, my 'work boyfriend' and I will probably just talk about work (how romantic), but something tells me E's going to have a harrowing time with the girls tomorrow. Chick #1 originally introduced herself as Christian - not just any Christian, but one who was once Catholic, renounced that faith and has recently embraced Christianity. (?!?) This obviously didn't make any sense to E, the recovering Catholic (been there, done that, now an atheist), so he asked why. A few questions later, he realized she had absolutely no idea what she was doing and 'converted' for all the wrong reasons. She spoke of it the same way she did of joining her sorority; it was 'something to do'. She was visibly uncomfortable about theological debates, and she's got a bone to pick with him, so I'm guessing that Chick #2 is reinforcement. Two to one, and maybe they'll convince E to go to bible study with them (good luck).

My other theory is that Chick #2 wants to meet this mythical wonder, the married-but-still-lunching-with-other-chicks guy. Either way, I can't wait to hear the juicy stories tomorrow.

Quote of the evening
Peter: “Let me ask you something. When you come in on Monday and you're not feeling real well, does anyone ever say to you, 'Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays?'”
Lawrence: “No. No, man. Shit, no, man. I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man.”

- Office Space (1999)

No comments: