3.12.2006

Foodie roll call

Cleaning out the camera's memory card this afternoon, the pics reminded me of how strong my passion for food is. Let's just say that come hell and high water, I'd still be dreaming of food. During the one week I was sick, I managed to conjure up more yummies than my lazy self would be inclined to do on any other week. Granted, they tend to be comfort food that reminds me of home, the first thing anyone with a cold needs, but it's no easy feat working in the kitchen under the dismal condition I was in. Maybe I was just sick of E's mac 'n cheese and canned soups. ;)


Rice porridge, of course. Made in the style of secondary school canteen, with dong cai, minced pork, scallions, white pepper, and egg buried under the steaming hot soupy goodness.


Wonton noodles, with homemade shrimp wontons (dough from scratch, the whole nine yards). Thin egg noodles topped with yu choy, shiitake mushrooms, and oyster sauce, sorta like at Crystal Jade.


This... I don't know. It's just a 'nasi campur', everything with rice.


Potstickers, or guo tie, grandma's recipe. Lined in neat little rows, waiting for the pan to heat up. To be dipped in a mix of soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, ginger, and sesame oil.

Fwah! And somehow I still lost a bit of weight from that sick spell. How 'bout that.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Holy cow! You and Penny should hookup man. Both of you can open a Singaporean cafe here in Western New York!