7.22.2006

Love is...

This post is dedicated to the little things that make me happy.

* Skyr - I found this new-fangled yogurt-like snack during one of my rounds at Whole Foods. It's the best thing ever! Brilliant idea. I'm a nut for dairy foods, and this Icelandic creation has me hooked. It's thick, rich, creamy, and best of all, nonfat (imagine that! Can anything be more perfect?). Whole Foods sells skyr as a parfait with berries and granola, and I can't get enough of it. More skyr!

* Karrin Allyson's Footprints - Released in April, this kick-butt album shows up all her previous ones. From Paris to Rio had been a favorite of mine, but it's a different style and at risk of sounding like a traitor, I prefer the classic jazz sound of this newest album. It's odd hearing lyrics to well-known jazz classics not intended for song, but I thought it was a classy twist. I remember when I first heard O Baquinho on the classical and jazz station years ago, when she was still an obscure name... now, Karrin is heard almost every night on NPR Jazz. I love every song on this album, and Karrin is definitely one talented scat cat.

(Herbie Hancock was purchased at the same time; my collection grows. Eeeexcellent.)

* My Canon 75-300mm lens - It's a cheap piece of glass, no IS, but it does good work. Took this last week after one of E's Ultimate tournies:



You can see the freakin' craters! Holy smokes! Okay, so it's really grainy... But hey, you gotta admit it's not bad for a low-end basic telephoto and no tripod.

* Mini weekend trips - Our little road adventure to the Finger Lakes has been finalized. We're staying at a bed and breakfast and doing the usual - hiking, hitting the wine trail, exploring the gorges and waterfalls at the state parks... I'm especially excited about visiting the meadery up there, and the possibility of trout/bass fishing. If the insane heat hasn't done them in yet, we might pick strawberries at a farm. This will be a nice getaway; E is psyched too.

* Curious furballs - I made quiche a few nights ago, and E brought baby closer to steal a whiff (smell but no touch - that sadist).



Cutie + pie! Corny, I know :)

Sleepy time. Lots to do this weekend...

No comments: