7.23.2006

Saturday

In past blogs, I seemed only capable of chronicling my weekends, and nothing more. Old habits die hard, I guess. I think it stems from a childish desire to tell someone all about my weekend, and since nobody really cares, it gets dumped into a blog. (That's what blogs are for, right? Public trash receptacle for your thoughts.) In my defense though, this was a rather good one, worthy of a lame post at least.

First, it rained. It was a merciful reprieve from the sweltering heat and humidity; the past week had been so hot that I would melt like a candle just walking down the street. Now it's cool and breezy, balance is restored and the world is happy again. E went to his Ultimate tourney despite the rain, won, and came back covered in mud. I sat at the piano for hours, happily, though I wasn't patient enough to work through the rest of the Bach fugue.

Made a hearty lunch - spinach salad with balsamic vinaigrette, Gourmandise Kirsch and crackers, shrimp cocktail, and cranberry tuna salad sandwiches. Broke out our new PB pitcher for lemonade. Puttered around the house a bit before deciding to go shopping. E tagged along. Had Chicago-style pizza for dinner (gorgonzola = good), where E revealed himself to be quite a pizza snob. Hauled the shopping home and fixed some lychee martinis. Meant to play BZFlag with E (as DaBlasta and MrsBlasta) but ended up surfing the web. Maybe tonight...


Lunch!


Bountiful harvest - denim jacket, stretchy tube, shirt and cute pumps for work


Lychee martinis with sake and gin


Toasty and stylin' the new merchandise with baby


Steak for din din. Cow yummy. Grocery shopping and more piano lined up for the afternoon. Still not done polyurethaning the futon... gah.

No comments: